Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Search


Well...


We've started the search....talked to a few realtors. We are hoping to find a small spot in beautiful eastern Oregon where we can put some roots and grow.

I'm trying not to be impatient, but I'm so ready to have a place of our own where we can grow a garden, can and preserve the food that we grow, start a CSA and get involved in the local farmer's market. We want to have a few head of cattle and a couple sheep. We also want chickens for the eggs and meat. All this is so available and so close, I can taste it. It's very exciting.

We are hoping to find a rent-to-own deal. That would be the best route for us at this time, but we are starting to look at homes for sale as well. I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to.

I'm excited! Wish us luck and send us good thoughts.

5 comments:

Judy T said...

Oh, good luck. This is the hard part- trying to find the 'right' place. We've been looking for a year and a half and finally made our offer. The right place is out there for you, just don't give up.
Judy

FarmHouse Style said...

I am sending loads of good luck wishes your way!!!

How very exciting:-)

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I totally understand how you feel. While living downtown running in the rat race it was hard for me to be patient. I read lots of Country Living books and magazines and lots of homesteading blogs. When we finally found our place. It took six months to get here. I refused a A.R.M. as I knew it was not a good thing knowing it would all work out if I only believed it would happen. Know that it will happen and it will. Wishing you the best and I am looking forward to keeping up with your adventure.

slaterlife said...

Thank you for your comments. I am reading lots of homesteading blogs and that helps.....I'd say it's keeping my mind out of trouble.

Angela said...

Good luck on your search.