We've found a property that possibly might work out for us. The owners are willing to give us a lease to own option. The property's only drawback, is that the house is right on a main road, but our traffic isn't much to talk about here...in fact I wouldn't even call it traffic. It's out of town and it's a cute place with almost 4 1/2 acres. The house is small, but I like smaller spaces (only use what you need!) and it's completely remodeled. It has a HUGE basement and lots of storage, a great spot for a big garden with a small, mature fruit orchard. 

There is plenty of room for my horse and any other animals we may want to get with a water ditch going though a portion of the property. I've been told I can get on my horse and ride into the mountains from the back of the acreage.
Even though it's close to town and it's on the road, it's still a place that we can make into a small homestead. Eventually, if we wanted, we could actually pick up the house and move it to the back of the acreage, taking it off the road a bit. If nothing else, this is a great stepping stone house.
Even though it's close to town and it's on the road, it's still a place that we can make into a small homestead. Eventually, if we wanted, we could actually pick up the house and move it to the back of the acreage, taking it off the road a bit. If nothing else, this is a great stepping stone house.

This shows the back of the property.


9 comments:
Love the kitchen! What a bright, sunny place. It looks like a great start to a homestead! I live on 1 acre and dream of more, until I walk on 5 or 10 acres and realize just how BIG that is! I hope it works out for you.
Woot - so exciting!!! I'm so proud of you for following your dreams and doing what you want with your life! =) Keep us posted on the house front - if you do settle on a place, I want tons of pictures!! =)
OK, these pictures are nearly making me cry. And I'm already having a cruddy week. :(
I hope this works out... it looks adorable and basements ROCK!
Oh! Absolutely adorable! We're neighbors - I live in Southern Washington. I love the home and wish I had seen it first. :)
Hot Belly Mama-
Have you been down here to the Wallowa area? If you haven't, you have to come. It's absolutely gorgeous and now you know someone down here. You'll love it!
What a great looking house. It looks in so much better shape than the house we're looking at. And an established orchard! What a find! We will be starting from scratch with any fruit production. I love the sunny yellow kitchen. It looks great.
Good luck!
Judy
Wowie!!its a beautiful house.I love farmhouses.methinks you should go with it.what with fruit orchard,mountains and all.it will be heaven :D
wow! looks good! :-)
lotsa space, exactly what we're lacking on our side. good luck with everything and thanks the post.
..
.ero
Oh, it sounds wonderful! And you can do the lease purchase like you wanted. I hope it works out for you guys. I love the bright open feeling of the kitchen and dining area.
Rhonda
Post a Comment