Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another house

We went to look at a possible house today that is 30 miles out of town. It's quite a commute, but we think living out there would be worth the drive. Heck!...we used to sit in traffic for HOURS down in California and we would only be going 20 miles. When it takes 15 minutes to drive 5 miles across town, a 30 minute drive through the canyon along side a flowing river, with NO traffic is really a nice commute.
Note: These photos are NOT of the property.


The property itself is PERFECT...it needs some work, but it already has a large, fenced off area for a garden with a mature orchard as well. It has a creek running alongside the drive way and the back part of the property butts up to the river. There is a small foot bridge that takes you across the creek to the back part of the property and that is where the garden and orchard are. I don't know how many acres it is yet. It's plenty for my horse and all our animals to run around on. The owner is out of town until Tuesday so we'll go back out there next week when he has time to take us out there. I don't know all the details about it, but I love it anyway. It's amazing! I knew it the moment I set foot on the property that it was what we are looking for. The house itself isn't much..it's a smaller 2 bed/2 bath house, but it has a large deck that wraps around it where I could imagine sitting and soaking up the sun. There is a flower garden in front of the house and already there were daffodils and tulips blooming. There are several mature fruit trees that line the driveway and creek. Perfect..just perfect! The owner really wants to rent to us and maybe he'll be interested in working out a lease to own option. I didn't take my camera so I didn't get any pictures of the property, but I will next week. The pictures on this blog are not my photographs, but they are photos of the area that we are looking at. Isn't it beautiful? They are compliments of Strength in Perspective. They have some great photos of the area. You can go see their photographs of our beautiful home here.

I really think moving out to this area would be the right step for us. It just feels RIGHT unlike the other places we've looked at. Jordan and I would have to cut down work because we both don't want to commute that much every week, but that wouldn't be a bad thing..after all, our goal is to eventually homestead!
This photo is a photo of the creek right next to the property we looked at today. This is the creek that runs through the property and connects to the river.

4 comments:

CJ said...

Its great that you finally found the right house!!Cant wait to see the pictures!!

chaitra

Judy T said...

Oh, the area looks lovely. Good luck with it all. I know how nerve wracking it can be trying to find that place that 'feels right'.
Judy

Elvira said...

Hello, I saw a comment of yours on another blog. One year ago we moved from rental appartment to rental house in the same street. It seemed completely weird, because now we pay even more rent, which makes it harder to save for a house of our own. But I'm so happy in this little house, with my midget garden and my little terrace, it was worth it.
So if you feel like you can picture yourself living there and be happy in it, just go for it...

Angela said...

What a beautfiul area.