Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life ALWAYS works out



I can't believe this has happened!

We decided last weekend that we were NOT going to buy a house right now for many reasons. Thanks to all of you that commented and gave your thoughts and suggestions. Although I don't depend on what others say to make up my mind, it's nice to get thoughts from others who are living the way we want to live. It's amazing how much it helps when you are too, "in your head."

At one point not so long ago my husband and I actually vowed that we never wanted to buy a house because we didn't want the financial strain and the loss of freedom that comes with renting. Somewhere from that point to now we got obsessed with wanting to buy...I guess because we love where we live so much and because we want to homestead.

Well, this last weekend, we wrote our pros and cons list and we made a decision that we did not want to buy. Immediately the burden lifted and we decided we would just rent for now and sock money away.

Life ALWAYS works out......




This Monday I got a call from the owner of the very first house we looked at and fell in love with, but realized we couldn't afford. It's a long story, but we were referred to this house by my husband's employer. At the time we weren't even thinking of buying anything yet..we weren't looking, but this property opened and J's boss thought of us. We fell in love with the property and small house and were truly bummed when we figured it wasn't going to work for us. It's been about 3 months since then and out of the blue, the owner calls me and informs me that she owns the house outright, really likes us, and knows how much we love it AND that she wants to RENT the house to us until we decide to buy it. It gets better! She wants to hold the loan for us when we decide we want to buy! She explained to me that this house had been her first house and that the property had been in her family since the 70's. She loves the property, but never plans to move back to this area. She wants someone in there that will cherish it like she did. She's knows how I felt about the place and that J and I will love it like her family did. Isn't it amazing?! There are still, in this day and age, wonderful, beautiful people who will do wonderful actions to help others out. She explained to us that someone had helped her and her husband get started long ago when they were young and broke and that she wanted to return the favor.

We will be able to have our horses, cattle, chickens and anything we desire. It's a 5 acre plot with a creek running through the back that gives water rights. The property has both evergreens and pasture which gives sun yet, trees that I love. The house is small, just like I want. There is a run down barn and a run down shop/garage that needs some love. The house also needs some work and upgrading, but she's willing to pay us for all of the work we do and pay for any upgrades. We really can't lose with this deal. If we decide not to buy it, then the property will be worth more to her, if we do decide to buy it, then we have put all of our love into it and the place is ours!

I can't believe it! I feel like I need to be pinched. We picked up keys today and gave 30 day notice to our current landlords.
These are the mountains we will see from our front windows, except they are closer than they are in this shot.
The most humorous part of this whole experience is that we've been stressing for the past few months. I know better and I know that life ALWAYS works out. If you are open to life and live life a moment at a time, it always works out for the best. Good things come. Even though J and I were stressed, we knew that everything would work out the way it was supposed to and it did. We are so thankful.

Check out the house pics here. These pictures are old and I'll get new photos this weekend, but these work for now!

9 comments:

Judy T said...

YES!!! I'm so happy for you! Sometimes things are just meant to be! I'll be watching your adventure. Maybe we can swap ideas of how to fix up our run down dreams.
Judy

Elvira said...

Oh I am SO happy for you! And so curious about how it all will work for you and what you'll make of it! Can't wait to hear the stories of the house in progress! Congratulations!

Melissa ~ Mom to 6 said...

WOW! Good for you!! I have goose bumps just reading this post! You are so right - life does always work out. And, now, you will enjoy the house all the more since you know what else is out there. :D

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations on your new upcoming move. :)

You're right... life always works out!

Anonymous said...

It is such wonderful news and it is funny how life always works out!

Very glad to hear your new chicks will be home soon.

I'll be back to read more later, I have to go put my own animals away for the night. Chicks need to come in...

Karyn

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. Looking forward to keeping up with your life adventure. New place is Beautiful.
Wishing you Good Luck, Prosperity, Peace, and Good Health.
Barbara

Angela said...

Congratulations. I'm so glad to hear that things worked out so well for you.

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

Congratulations! The area you live in is beautiful!

Best Wishes!
Kris

Meadowlark said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Mostly because I love my house and if I ever move, I would want someone to love it as well. I'm glad I'm not weird that way. And so happy things worked out perfectly!

On the other post, I totally dig the fireplace. Mine is very similar! :)