
I recently received The Complete Tightwad Gazette by: Amy Dacyczyn, as a gift from my step-mom. I LOVE it! It's a book that teaches you how to live a lifestyle that is thrifty and frugal. It's a huge book and it's given me more ideas than I know what to do with.
For example:
6 ways to reuse old blue jeans:
1. Workshop/Gardening Apron
2. Tote Bag
3. Neck-Roll pillow
4. Wall Organizer
5. Jeans Vest (although I think it's past the jean's vest era)
6. Purse
Or
We all know that irritation when we get to the end of a ketchup or condiment bottle and there is still quite a bit of product in there, but it won't come out and you can't reach it. Instead of rinsing the bottle out and recycling it, like normal, fill the bottle with hot water and pour it in a pan to add to soup or spaghetti. Yes that's frugal, but really, when did we reach a point where we can afford to waste as much food as we do? With the economy the way it is, I think it's a great idea to be thrifty as often as we can.
This book has 8 different ways you can reuse a plastic milk jug. From compost buckets & pooper scoopers to creating a Trombe wall which functions as an inexpensive solar collector for a greenhouse.
There are so many little brilliant ideas in this book.
I highly recommend this book for others who want to reduce,reuse and recycle!
Check out the book here.
For example:
6 ways to reuse old blue jeans:
1. Workshop/Gardening Apron
2. Tote Bag
3. Neck-Roll pillow
4. Wall Organizer
5. Jeans Vest (although I think it's past the jean's vest era)
6. Purse
Or
We all know that irritation when we get to the end of a ketchup or condiment bottle and there is still quite a bit of product in there, but it won't come out and you can't reach it. Instead of rinsing the bottle out and recycling it, like normal, fill the bottle with hot water and pour it in a pan to add to soup or spaghetti. Yes that's frugal, but really, when did we reach a point where we can afford to waste as much food as we do? With the economy the way it is, I think it's a great idea to be thrifty as often as we can.
This book has 8 different ways you can reuse a plastic milk jug. From compost buckets & pooper scoopers to creating a Trombe wall which functions as an inexpensive solar collector for a greenhouse.
There are so many little brilliant ideas in this book.
I highly recommend this book for others who want to reduce,reuse and recycle!
Check out the book here.

3 comments:
Now you got me wondering where my Tightwad Gazette is hiding. I need to get it back out and put it to use.
The ketchup bottle tip is really handy.I was wondering what i should with it.it had reached the bottom and just refused to come out.Thanks:D
I love this book! It is one of the few I own. I think this book series really got me started on my frugal path of using less and spending less. I should blog about this sometimes.
Thanks!
Post a Comment