Friday, December 12, 2008

Counting my blessings

Today, as I was driving out to see my horse, Selina, I had the view of the mountains spread out in front of me. As usual, it took my breath away. I am in complete awe of the place that we live and I can’t believe that our dreams are coming true. It’s surreal. Jordan is still working at the ranch and he is learning everything we may need to know to live sustainably. Many of you know, that living a sustainable, green lifestyle is our main goal. Get property, get off the grid, grow our own food etc. We want to be able to take care of ourselves and not depend on our cookie cutter society to survive.

Only 6 months ago our dreams seemed like a fantasy. We didn’t know where we would end up, only that we knew what type of place we were looking for and what type of life we wanted to live. Now, it is all unraveling and coming to life. It’s such a beautiful ride.

Every moment I cherish. Whether I’m driving to work, or out to see Selina, the mountains and scenery put me in a sort of trance. I can’t believe that I live in an extraordinary place like this. It’s heaven to me. I know everyone has a different view of heaven on earth, but this place is it for me. Who knew! Niki in some place that snows and gets cold! Snow and ice aside, I don’t think I could dream of a place more perfect. It is hard to find words to explain how beautiful this place really is. The light, the clouds, views of the mountains…it’s simply amazing. I think one of the best parts about this area, is that nature outweighs man. No freeways or background noise. When you are outside, there is simply the sound of nature. The energy in the air is raw and magical. You get the feeling that this is what mother earth was like before people started to overpopulate and consume…before roads, cars, and cell phones. This place is a gem, hidden literally at the end of the road and I am finally at peace with my location.

I am thankful every moment and so happy that my life is so magical.

For lastest pictures click here!

1 comment:

wanda said...

This blog is so great! So many times special people come into your life and you lose touch with them. This is a great way to know what going on in your lives.
Miss you guys but sooooo glad you found the life you were looking for.