We are pretty much settled in!I've worked a bit more and it's getting better. Everyone I work with is really nice and the clients are very sweet as well. Jordan is still loving his job and Alison is really enjoying school. She's chomping at the bit every morning to leave so she can ride her bike to school. She's already made lots of friends and even went to to a birthday party last Saturday.
We are pretty much done unpacking except for the computer room upstairs, but we can't unpack until we get a computer desk and other such items to put our belongs on. So... for now they stay in boxes. You can check out new pics of our house here.
Jordan and I went to dinner Saturday night and had Mexican food. GREAT food and margaritas! We are so close to town, we walked. Enterprise is such a sleepy town, but it's so cute! It does have a dive bar that we'll definitely have to check out....the Loan Rider...Stage Rider...something like that. I LOVE dives!The town of Joseph, which is 6 miles up the road, is starting to set up for x-mas. Apparently, they really get into x-mas. The shop owners light up the whole town and all the windows are decorated. They have an x-mas parade and a tree lighting and the town plays x-mas music outside when the holiday gets close. I've never been a x-mas fan, in fact I used to despise it, but it's a different feel here. People aren't racing around trying to buy gifts...stressed out of their minds, swerving and cutting you off in their beamers...no it's about family and appreciating what you have. It's a big change. We even get to go cut our own tree down if we decide to get a real tree! I feel bad killing a real tree just to put in our house, but at the same time I don't want to buy some cheesy, formaldehyde sprayed tree from China that's going to off-gas in our home. Maybe I can buy a potted tree and when we are done, we can go plant it!?? They do grow everywhere here. Ha!
In January the big thing in Joseph is the sled dog racing. This race will be the first time I've ever experienced that so I'm excited. I guess it's a big thing here so stay tooooned for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment