Monday, January 12, 2009

The Power of Now


Now that life has slowed down for me, I'm really enjoying all my creative hobbies that I haven't been able to do for years.

I've been working on old scrapbooks and my book of shadows which has been long overdo for an update. Of course I still am taking photos and enjoying that. I have been knitting like a fiend and even dabbling with some beading. Alison has been active too, knitting and beading up a storm.
Life was too busy for so long. It's really REALLY nice to be able to slow down, breath and pay full attention to what I'm doing in that moment. It's so peaceful.

I've also been listening to Eckhart Tolle again. He's the enlightened author of, The Power of Now. It's one of the most powerful books that I've ever read and listened to. I've read the book a few times and I also have the book on c.d. that I really enjoy listening too. Jordan and I have even been to see Eckhart and listen to him speak. It's hard to put words to what you feel when you listen to someone like him speak, but it was amazing. I could actually feel his enlightened presence in a huge place, in a crowd full of hundreds. I feel like he's the spiritual teacher of our time, like Jesus or Buddha was in their's.

Eckhart narrates the book on c.d. himself and he has such a peaceful, warm voice that calms me. I wish that I could give the c.d. set to EVERYONE that I know and that EVERYONE would listen to it. It's a book that truly changes lives. It makes you evaluate your life and opens your eyes to what's important. It's not a religious book and it's not a self help, you can do it! type of book. It's simply giving you a honest, truthful message that makes complete and utter sense: Live in the moment. Live NOW because really, what else is there other than this moment?
"When you are present in this moment, you break the continuity of your story, of past and future.Then true intelligence arises, and also love.The only way love can come into your life is not through form, but through that inner spaciousness that is Presence. Love has no form."
- Excerpt from Eckhart Tolle's Stillness Amidst the World

1 comment:

NAVALDAN RAMBHAI LANGA said...

I have come here from Mr. Barry's blog.

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
BIG CITIES OF INDIA